UA-55300619-1

Three houses burnt from phone battery explosion

Filed under: Breaking News |
1,219 Views

 Three houses in Chasefu District – Eastern province have been burnt after the phone batteries left charging on solar panels exploded into flames in two separate incidences.

The first incident involved the house of Aaron Chiwowa of Maiwako Village of Senior Chief Magodi’s area where he has lost property worth over 7,000 Kwacha in the inferno.

Chiwowa narrated that he had left the phone charging from his solar panels while he went to attend to his garden.

He however, said the phone battery exploded between 10.00 and 11.00 hours, causing the fire that burnt down his house and spread to another house in the neighborhood.

Chiwowa said both his house and that of his neighbor Maxwell Mwanza were completely burnt.

He said Mwanza lost household property worth 12,000 Kwacha.

ZANIS reports that a similar incident also happened at Kajintha Village in senior chief Magodi’s area when a house belonging to Langiwell Nyirenda caught fire after a mobile battery exploded while charging from a solar panel and has lost household goods worth 18,000 Kwacha.

Meanwhile, The Disaster Management and Mitigation Unit -DMMU- has given the victims 37 by 25 kilogram bags of mealie-meal and a tent as temporary measures.

DMMU Acting District Chairperson Diana Lupiya has since advised people in the district to take precautions whenever they are charging phones on the solar panels to avoid such occurrences. Zanis

Facebooktwitterredditpinterestlinkedinmail

One Response to Three houses burnt from phone battery explosion

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Start: 2019-07-01 End: 2019-07-31