UA-55300619-1

PF puts on hold it’s launch rally

Filed under: Breaking News,Politics |
2,003 Views
PF Cadres

PF Cadres

The ruling Patriotic Front (PF) has postponed it’s mega rally to launch campaigns for the 2016 general elections to a date to be communicated.

The PF early this week had announced that it would hold a mega rally on May 14, 2016 to launch its campaigns at Heroes Stadium in Lusaka.
The opposition UPND then on Thursday announced that they will have their launch rally in Kitwe on the Copperbelt province on the same date.
But Friday morning the PF through its Deputy Spokesperson Frank Bwalya said their mega rally which they had said would bring Zambia on a standstill had been postponed.
“Following the confirmation that Parliament will be dissolved on May 11, 2016 we wish to inform our members and the general public that the mega rally to launch our campaign for the 2016 General Election will not take place on May 14, 2016 at Heroes Stadium in Lusaka as earlier communicated,” read parts of Bwalya’s press statement to Zambian Eye.
It has been known by the public that Parliament would be dissolved by May 11, 2016 as President Lungu who is also the leader of the PF announced some months back.
Bwalya says PF Secretary General Davies Chama will in due course announce the date and other details of the planned mega rally to launch the ruling party’s campaign.
“Meanwhile, we urge all our members to continue implementing programmes and strategies to grow our party ahead of the forthcoming General Election,” Bwalya said. “We also urge members and all people of goodwill to pray for the success of this event.”
Facebooktwitterredditpinterestlinkedinmail

15 Responses to PF puts on hold it’s launch rally

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Start: 2019-07-01 End: 2019-07-31