President Edgar Lungu has appointed part of his Cabinet and named all the ten (10) Provincial Ministers. He has also nominated eight members of Parliament (MPs) and subsequently appointed them as Cabinet and Provincial Ministers respectively.
According to a statement released by presidential press aide Amos Chanda, the appointments will take immediate effect after the swearing-in ceremony to be held tomorrow, Thursday at 09:00 hours.
MMD faction leader Felix Mutation makes a return to Cabinet as Finance Minister, while Margaret Mwanakatwe and Harry Kalaba return to their former posts at Commerce and Foreign Affairs respectively. Stephen Kampyongo will now head the Ministry of Home Affairs while Chitalu Chilufya will make a step up to full Cabinet at the Ministry of Health where he previously serving as deputy minister.
The newest entrants to Cabinet are former PF secretary general Davies Chama, who takes up the Ministry of Defence, renowned trade unionist Joyce Monde Simukoko, who takes up the Ministry of Labour and Lucky Mulusa, who in new Minister of National Development Planning.
Meanwhile, the President has appointed former Home Affairs Minister Davies Mwila as Secretary General of the Patriotic Front taking over from Chama who has been reassigned as Defence Minister.
The following are the appointments.
(1) Hon. Davis Chama, (MP): MINISTER OF DEFENCE (Nominated);
(2) Hon. Felix Mutati, (MP): MINISTER OF FINANCE (Nominated);
(3) Hon. Steven Kampyongo(MP): MINISTER OF HOME AFFAIRS;
(4) Hon. Harry Kalaba (MP): MINISTER OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS;
(5) Hon. Lucky Mulusa (MP): MINISTER OF NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT PLANNING (Nominated);
(6) Hon. Chitalu Chilufya, (MP) MINISTER OF HEALTH;
(7) Hon. Margaret Mwanakatwe (MP) MINISTER OF COMMERCE, TRADE AND INDUSTRY and
(8) Hon. Joyce Nonde-Simukoko(MP): MINISTER OF LABOUR & SOCIAL SECURITY (Nominated).
The elected MPs who have been appointed as Provincial Ministers under Article 117 (1) and Article 69 for those nominated are as follows:
(1) Hon. Sydney Mushanga, (MP) – CENTRAL PROVINCE;
(2) Hon. Bowman Lusambo, (MP) – COPPERBELT PROVINCE;
(3) Hon. Nixon Chilangwa, (MP) – LUAPULA PROVINCE;
(4) Hon. Malozo Sichone, (MP) – MUCHINGA PROVINCE;
(5) Hon. Brian Mundubile, (MP) – NORTHERN PROVINCE;
(6) Hon. Makebi Zulu, (MP) – EASTERN PROVINCE;
(7) Hon.Japhen Mwakalombe (MP)- LUSAKA PROVINCE;
(8) Hon. Richard Kapita (MP) – NORTH-WESTERN PROVINCE (Nominated);
(9) Hon. Edify Hamukale (MP) – SOUTHERN PROVINCE (Nominated) and
(10) Hon. Nathaniel Mubukwanu (MP) – WESTERN PROVINCE (Nominated).